- Dear Brexiter, now regretting your decision to vote leave.
- Dear MP- re. the fraudulent EU referendum
- Dear Childbirth PTSD
- Dear Midwife with a Halo,
- Dear Parent, 101 things to do with your kids in the summer holidays.
- Dear Men who bring up MGM whenever FGM is mentioned.
- Dear Dad
- Dear Elfie, I’m not sure this is working out….
- Dear Elfie, about the chocolate
- Dear Elfie,
- Dear Women who don’t call themselves feminists. Think about it…
- Dear Dad, Margaret Thatcher has died.
- Dear Elderly Couple Buying Lightbulbs
- Dear “A Time to Grieve”
- Dear Beano
- Abortion anger ASBO Baby Behaviour Bereavement Birth Birthday Blogging boobs boy Breast Breastfeeding breasts Cake Childbirth co-sleeping Cock cooking Dad demand feeding Dentist Dream Ectopic eggs Equality feminism feminist Food Friend Funeral gender Ginger Girls Grief Growing Up Human Rights Husband infection International Woman's Day Internet Jamaican Ginger Cake labour Love Marriage Mental health Motherhood Nipple Parenting pregnancy Privacy PTSD Public Relationships Seagull sex Sexualisation sleep Snot stereotypes Stoning Sweat Tantrum Teeth Toddler Tongue Tongue Piercing Tongue Tie Toys Twitter Vagina Vulva Wine Wise Women
- Follow @LadyCurd
Tag Archives: MP
Below is a version of a letter I just sent to my MP about the referendum. You can find out who your MP is here. Feel free to copy/adapt/share and send into your own MP. A very narrow majority in a referendum that should never have been had in the first place and was completely based on lies (from both sides) cannot be what ultimately causes our awesome country to end up in a much worse position than it was before!
In a democracy we have protection from broken campaign promises by being able to vote out any such liars at the next election. However our protection from broken promises does not apply in the case of a decision to leave the EU as it is an irrevocable decision.
In the days since the EU referendum result emerged it has also emerged that:
1) There is no real intention to leave the single market therefore we will be bound by many of the same EU regulations we are already but a removed ability to have say in how EU regulations are developed.
2) Remaining in the single market means immigration could never be capped or controlled in the way the Leave campaign led people to believe it could be, people have been lied too and voted on the basis of a lie.
3) There is no intention to support the NHS with better funding with money saved from the EU. Again many people voted thinking by voting leave they were saving the NHS.
The EU referendum campaign was built on lies and the British public voted on the basis of those lies. However this is not a decision we can vote again to change in 5 years. These lies are outrageous and the outcome is something that will have far reaching consequences to the huge detriment of the United Kingdom. The referendum result needs to be anulled on the basis of these lies.
We now also have seen the immediate terrible impact the non-binding referendum result has had on the British economy and can expect future serious turmoil to the economy while these plans are set in motion. This was not fully anticipated by many voters and as you know many leave voters are now regretting their decision.
I strongly believe we either need to repeat the referendum with a promise of a strong majority of at least 60% with 75% turnout (as the petition to be debated in parliament) before any decision sets the wheels in motion on a decision that cannot be changed. Or as elected MP’s it is for the Houses of Parliament to decide the results of the referendum are null and void given the exceptionally narrow majority and given it was a campaign based on lies. This option is preferable rather than put the public through the stress of another referendum. This particular referendum should never have been offered in the first place, and only was offered based on back room political wranglings rather than a genuine desire to give the British people a say.
I would like to urgently hear your thoughts on this matter.